In case you blindly missed Stage6 Day here on Web TV Wire and also on Web TV Hub, you may not know that DivX is boasting the compatibility of its DivX videos in over 70 million consumer electronic devices.
Those 70 million devices span from the many partner companies that DivX has teamed up with over the past few years. Davis Freeberg decided to delve a little deeper into these partnerships to see who has come one board with DivX and who has been jumping ship.
Davis found 65 new DivX sailors had signed up in the past 12 months while 66 existing partners left to explore other horizons. But looking a little closer what can we tell from this?
What’s it all mean?
- Like Davis I don’t think losing 66 and gaining 65 partners is really representative of a company of growth and could be a concern for DivX.
- The list of partners shows a few big names like Sony and Cisco, but it is also crawling with a number of smaller companies with names you’ll have never heard of like Le Hong Po Company Limited. As Davis rightly points out big brand names like Sony benefit mainly from the technology, while the smaller unknowns benefit from the shiny DivX logo on their electronics which can help ensue trust in the consumer.
- I don’t really think the number of partners is as important as the names of those partners. Deals with companies like Sony, Phillips, Cisco and Samsung are what will really make or break DivX in the consumer electronics space.
Here’s the list of joiners and jumpers:
Companies No Longer Listed As A DivX Partner
- Advance & Beyond-Tech. Co., Ltd.
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)
- AKI Digital Electrical Appliance Co., Ltd.
- Alarity Corporation
- Alpine Corporation
- AM Logic
- Amoi Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Apex Digital Inc.
- Arlink Tech Corporation
- ChangZhou XINGQIU Electric Co., Ltd.
- CIS Technology Inc.
- Citron Electronic
- CyberHome Europe AG
- DigiOn, Inc.
- DK Digital AG
- Dongguan Visper Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Eastern Asia Technology Ltd.
- ELSA Japan Inc
- Freecom Technologies
- Fugle Technology
- Gericom AG
- Hamg Shing Technology Corporation
- Harbour Team Technologies
- Hay Media (Ever fortune)
- HUMAX Co. Ltd.
- Ingenient Technologies
- Initial Technology
- Kinpo Electronics
- Medion AG
- MultiChannel Labs
- NAD Electronics
- NEC Electronics
- Neuros Audio, LLC
- Newlane Limited
- NTP France
- Orient Power Multimedia Ltd.
- Oxford Semiconductor
- Philips Semiconductors
- Pixa, Inc.
- QiSheng International
- Renesas Technology Corp.
- RJ Tech
- Sandmartin (Zhong Shan) Electronic Co., Ltd.
- Senlan Ltd/Perspectives
- Shantou Hi-tech Zone Idall Enterprise Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen E-boda Technology Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen GIEC Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Messo Electron Technology Co.
- Shenzhen Mizuda Electronic Co.
- Shenzhen MTC
- Shenzhen Oriental Digital Technology
- Shenzhen Skywood INFO-TECH INDUSTRIES CO., LTD.
- Shenzhen Sobon Digital Technology Development Co., Ltd.
- Shinco Electronics Australia
- Sigma Designs
- Suns Corporation
- Supratech Computers
- The Petters Group (Polaroid)
- Vieta Audio S.A.
- WIS Technologies, Inc.
- Yukyung Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Zhenjiang Jiangkui Group Co. Ltd.
- Zhongshan Kenloon Digital Technology Co., Ltd
New Companies Partnering With DivX
- Audio Partnership
- Bang & Olufsen Operations a/s
- Casio Computer Co., Ltd.
- Cisco Systems – Linksys (Asia) Ptd. Ltd.
- CM Tech Co., Ltd.
- CommTech Technology Macao Commercial Offshore Ltd.
- COMPEX spol. s r.o.
- Core Logic
- Cowon Systems, Inc.
- Diasonic Technology Co., Ltd.
- Digen Co., Ltd.
- Dongguan Contel Electronics Co., Ltd.
- DongGuang Simon Technology Co., Ltd.
- Elmarc, B.V.
- Espace Services Multimedia (Peekton)
- Express Luck Industrial Limited
- Express Way Ltd.
- Georgia Technology Corp.
- Giant Video Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Harman International Industries, Incorporated
- HB Multimedia Electronic Products Vertriebs-GmbH
- Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd
- Hopeful Electric Co. Ltd.
- HuiZhou Freeway Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Hyo Seong Techno Corp.
- Hyundai Digital Technology Co., Ltd.
- J&J Information Technology Co., Ltd. (H.K.)
- JiangSu HongTu High Technology Co., Ltd.
- Kalosnett Co., Ltd.
- Kenmark Industrial Co., Ltd.
[Via Davis Freeberg]
Have Something To Say?
Ask a Question Or Offer Your 2 Cents:
Subscribe to Web TV Wire by Email
Keep up to date with Web TV, Video and IPTV News:
Subscribe to Web TV Wire via RSS