Posted in: News, Broadband Video Companies, Internet TV Software & Tools and Video Start-Ups by Chris Tew on September 9, 2007
5 People Are Speaking Their Mind
Have Your Say
Ask a Question Or Offer Your 2 Cents:
Return to the full post
Keep up to date with Web TV, Video and IPTV News:
Subscribe to Web TV Wire via RSS


Instant Media, Miro Competitor, Leaves The Net Without A Trace Says:
September 11th, 2007 at 9:16 am[…] Instant Media, Miro Competitor, Leaves The Net Without A Trace Posted by Paul Glazowski on September 11th, 2007 Recognize the name Instant Media? No? Well, to get you a little familiar with it, you only really need to know two things: It’s a competitor of Miro, previously known as Democracy Player; and it’s dead. […]
Instant Media Is Dead | Why Did The Miro Competitor Just Disappear Over Night? » Web TV Wire Says:
September 12th, 2007 at 8:47 am[…] On Sunday, Chris wrote a great piece about the demise of Instant Media. If you don’t recognize the name, you’re not alone, I know very little about it myself, in fact, almost nothing. […]
SonicMountain Buys FireAnt « NewTeeVee Says:
September 13th, 2007 at 10:01 pm[…] On a related note, we’ve been tracking down a report that another digital media player startup, Instant Media, may have shut its doors. It’s possible the site is just down for maintenance, but when the company contact email address bounces back — as it did to us this morning — that’s a bad sign. […]
Instant Media Grinds to a Halt « NewTeeVee Says:
September 16th, 2007 at 1:00 am[…] Chris Tew called attention to the company’s demise last week with a blog post on his Web TV Wire site. After reading Tew’s piece — which was based on the very good evidence of Instant Media’s software not working, its site being down, and its affiliate partner removing mention of it — we sent out a pile of emails and voicemails to try to get ahold of the company. We got a single response, from Eric Sterling, an Instant Media developer. “Scott Blum, the eccentric billionaire that was funding our company, decided to scuttle it mid-July.” […]
IM for sale « Jason Rosenberg Says:
September 16th, 2007 at 2:58 pm[…] More signs that the video player crash is coming. According to NewTeeVee, Instant Media has ceased operations. The video player that is just like the rest is no longer offering up video. Instant Media was backed by a billionaire Scott Blum (of SoCal based buy.com) who eventually pulled his money from the project. No formal announcement was made, but Chris Tew of WebTVWire tried contacting Instant Media and couldn’t get a hold of anyone save the developer who said, Blum has pulled his money. […]